NSW Smart and Skilled Funded Training
This training is subsidised by the NSW Government
Smart and Skilled is a NSW Government program that helps people get training and qualifications in in-demand skills and industries.
Click here to find out which Smart and Skilled courses we offer.
What Does Smart and Skilled Provide?
Smart and Skilled provides eligible students with:
- An entitlement to government-subsidised training up to and including Certificate III
- Government funding for higher-level courses (Certificate IV and above) in targeted priority areas.
Who is eligible for Smart and Skilled subsidised training?
If you are:
- 15 years old or over
- No longer at school
- Living and working in NSW
- An Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, Humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen
If you meet all four conditions above, you are eligible for Smart and Skilled Training with an approved provider such as MAST NSW.
There are some exceptions to the eligibility conditions above, such as if you are an Aboriginal person.
Your eligibility is not affected if you have completed a vocational education and training (VET) course, including a school-based apprenticeship or traineeship, as part of your high school education.
What courses does MAST NSW offer in the Smart and Skilled program?
As an approved training provider of the Smart and Skilled program, MAST NSW is happy to offer the following subsidised training courses for eligible students:
- MAR20321 Certificate II in Maritime Operations (Coxswain Grade 1 Near Coastal)
- MAR30921 Certificate III in Maritime Operations (Master up to 24 metres Near Coastal)
- MAR40320 Certificate IV in Maritime Operations (Master up to 45 metres Near Coastal)
- MAR20421 Certificate II in Maritime Operations (Marine Engine Driver Grade 3 near Coastal)
- MAR30821 Certificate III in Maritime Operations (Marine Engine Driver Grade 2 near Coastal)
How do I apply for a course?
Simply click on the course above you are interested in, and click Enrol Now and we will assist you.
You can also Contact Us at anytime to find out which course is suitable for you and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
A Leading Not-for-Profit Registered Training Organisation
As a not-for-profit, our primary objective is to continue to provide a dedicated state of the art Centre of Excellence to educate the Maritime and Seafood industries. We are regarded as a leader in Australia for our quality of training, innovation, expanse range of assets including the latest in simulation technology and Virtual Reality.
Your Trusted Partner for Nationally Recognised Maritime Training and NSW Licensing
NSW Fishing Industry Training Committee (trading as Maritime & Safety Training NSW), ABN: 64 002 693 281 RTO ID: 90440 is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO registration number 90440) regulated by the Australian Skills Quality Authority (ASQA) to deliver nationally recognised training in every state and territory of Australia. We are also approved by Transport for New South Wales to provide practical boat training and/or knowledge testing for the NSW General Boat and PWC licence.